Tuesday, July 23, 2013

An Alternate Way to Bet on Sports

Like most people, I enjoy a good sports bet every once in a while. But not like most, I try to make it fun while not basing bets on monetary rewards. For example, A friend of mine (R.I.P Cesar Pichardo) and I would make "hat bets". I have an uglier than sin Blackhawks trucker hat and the stakes would revolve around the loser wearing said hat for a full 24-hour period . I guess you could call it a "hat of shame".
During this year's playoffs I had another wonderful opportunity. I have a friend out in Los Angeles who has, in recent years,  been picking up this amazing sport of ours. When the Sharks played the Kings in the second round, we started engaging in some smack-talking back and forth. The result was this:

The fan of the losing team would send a six-pack of local beer to the fan of the winning team. When the series spilt  the first four games, we decided to up things a little. On top of the six-pack the winner would also receive a bottle of whiskey. I was already planning my first-annual holiday, named "I Win Day".

Well, I think we all know what happened there.



Of course I had to buy items that say "made/distilled in Chicago, Ill" so as to troll her a little since LA lost to Chicago in the Western Conference Finals. And here are some pictures of Kristin and her friends enjoying the heck out of the beer. Whiskey pictures, I hope, will come soon.




Now if I could only get necktie bets going...

What are some non-money bets you have made for the love of any and all sports?

No comments:

Post a Comment